Do you know that proceeds from the Hurlburt Thrift Shop go to our charitable giving program and spouse and military child scholarship program? Volunteers, along with our Thrift Shop Manager and Assistant Manager, work hard to give our community the best thrift shop in the area, with the best prices, and to raise the most funds possible to support our military community! Last year alone it generated over $65,000 that went directly back into our community.
How can you support the Hurlburt Thrift Shop?
1. SHOP, shop, shop! The HTS has new and pre-loved items for every member of the household at the best prices in town.
2. Volunteer! Stop by the HTS to inquire about volunteering, message us on social media, or use the Thrift Shop tab on this site to sign up. Whether you can volunteer one day per week or one day per month, we can use your help.
3. Donate! You can drop off donations 24 hours a day at the HTS. There is a bin in front of the shop (see picture on the Thrift Shop tab) to drop off donations. If you have a high-value item or a larger item, please contact the HTS rather than dropping it off in the bins. We have security cameras in place, but it's best to be safe. And please, never leave anything outside the bin! Before you donate serviceable items off base, consider bringing them to the Hurlburt Thrift Shop.
4. Consign! The HTS takes consignments each week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Details regarding consigning can be found at the Thrift Shop tab on this site.
5. Spread the word! Tell others about the HTS. Anyone with base access can shop at the Hurlburt Thrift Shop. No military ID is required. Cash and credit cards are accepted for payment.